Friday, January 16, 2009

Book Crossing . . .

I have discovered Book Crossing,(definition from the website "n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.") and look forward to tracking my first book.  I guess that makes me a bookcrosser. It does have an exotic ring to it - another way to experience distant places around the world.

Oh well, today we tip our glass to Susan Sontag (January 16, 1933 - December 28, 2004) - Happy Birthday!  She never bored us.
 
"Books are funny little portable pieces of thought." - Susan Sontag

"I don't want to express alienation. It isn't what I feel. I'm interested in various kinds of passionate engagement. All my work says be serious, be passionate, wake up." - Susan Sontag

On that note, it seems appropriate to mention that January is 
It's OK to be Different Month and International Get Over It Month.

No comments: