Monday, March 9, 2009

What is your sound . . .

Happy Birthday to Ornette Coleman (born March 9, 1930), American saxophonist, violinist, trumpeter and composer. Many jazz afficionados consider Ornette Coleman, one of the most important and controversial innovators of the jazz avant-garde style.

"It was when I found out I could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something." - Ornette Coleman

"Jazz is the only music in which the same note can be played night after night but differently each time." - Ornette Coleman

"That's what I was trying to say when we were talking about sound. I think that every person, whether they play music or don't play music, has a sound - their own sound . . ." - Ornette Coleman

Send your Happy Birthday wishes to Ornette Coleman via his website: www.ornettecoleman.com

Image source (1)

No comments: