Sunday, May 24, 2009

Still meandering . . .

A Happy Birthday salute to Robert Allen Zimmerman (born on May 24, 1941), singer, songwriter, author, poet and painter, better known as Bob Dylan.

"I had ambitions to set out and find, like an odyssey or going home somewhere… set out to find… this home that I’d left a while back and couldn’t remember exactly where it was, but I was on my way there. And encountering what I encountered on the way was how I envisioned it all. I didn’t really have any ambition at all. I was born very far from where I’m supposed to be, and so, I’m on my way home, you know?" - Bob Dylan

"I think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom." - Bob Dylan

"How many roads must a man walk down before you call him a man?
How many seas must a white dove sail before she sleeps in the sand?
Yes, and how many years can a mountain exist before it is washed to the sea?
How many times must a man look up before he can see the sky?
Yes, and how many deaths will it take till he knows that too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind."
- Bob Dylan

"I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours. " - Bob Dylan

"All I can do is be me, whoever that is." - Bob Dylan

"Chaos is a friend of mine." - Bob Dylan

Dylan image source (1)

No comments: