Saturday, June 27, 2009

Meandering around . . .

Today is the birthday of Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 – June 1, 1968), author, political activist, lecturer and the first deafblind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than exposure." - Helen Keller

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart." - Helen Keller

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." - Helen Keller

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." - Helen Keller

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do." - Helen Keller

Keller image source (1)

No comments: