Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Meandering . . .

Today is the birthday of Robert Anson Heinlein (July 7, 1907 – May 8, 1988), writer. He is considered one of the grand masters of science fiction with Isaac Asimov and Arthur C. Clarke.

"Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done. One could write a history of science in reverse by assembling the solemn pronouncements of highest authority about what could not be done and could never happen." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Progress doesn't come from early risers — progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Early rising may not be a vice ... but it is certainly no virtue. The old saw about the early bird just goes to show that the worm should have stayed in bed." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Never appeal to a man's better nature. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." - Robert A. Heinlein

"How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?" - Robert A. Heinlein

"Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Once you can honestly say, I don't know, then it becomes possible to get at the truth." - Robert A. Heinlein

"If you don't like yourself, you can't like other people." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity." - Robert A. Heinlein

Heinlein image source (1)

No comments: