Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Meandering we go . . .

Today is the birthday of Charles Robert Redford Jr. (born August 18, 1936/7), better known as Robert Redford, film director, actor, producer, environmentalist, philanthropist, and founder of the Sundance Film Festival.

"Generally speaking, I went through that. I came to a place where I realised what true value was. It wasn't money. Money is a means to achieving an end, but it's not the end." - Robert Redford

"It's hard to pay attention these days because of multiple affects of the information technology nowadays. You tend to develop a faster, speedier mind, but I don't think it's necessarily broader or smarter." - Robert Redford

"All my life I`ve been dogged by guilt because I feel there is this difference between the way I look and the way I feel inside." - Robert Redford

"Never revisit the past, that's dangerous. You know, move on." - Robert Redford

"The technology available for film-making now is incredible, but I am a big believer that it's all in the story." - Robert Redford

"Filmgoers are starved for new ideas, voices and visions." - Robert Redford

Redford image source (1)

No comments: