Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Meandering around . . .

Today is the birthday of Jonas Salk (October 28, 1914 – June 23, 1995), medical researcher and virologist. He is best known for his discovery and development of the first safe and effective polio vaccine.

"It's the sensitivity to pattern recognition that seems to me to be of great importance. It's a matter of being able to find meaning, whether it's positive or negative, in whatever you encounter." - Jonas Salk

"I see the triumph of good over evil as a manifestation of the error-correcting process of evolution." - Jonas Salk

"An artist's only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else's." - Jonas Salk

"Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality." - Jonas Salk

"I have had dreams and I have had nightmares, but I have conquered my nightmares because of my dreams." - Jonas Salk

"Intuition will tell the thinking mind where to look next." - Jonas Salk

"It is always with excitement that I wake up in the morning wondering what my intuition will toss up to me, like gifts from the sea. I work with it and rely on it. It's my partner." - Jonas Salk

Salk image source (1)

No comments: