Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meandering in the stacks . . .

Today is the birthday of Anne Tyler (born October 25, 1941), novelist. She received the Pulitzer Prize in 1989 for her eleventh novel, Breathing Lessons.

"It's true that it's a solitary occupation, but you would be surprised at how much companionship a group of imaginary characters can offer once you get to know them." - Anne Tyler

"If I waited till I felt like writing, I'd never write at all." - Anne Tyler

"The one ironclad rule is that I have to try. I have to walk into my writing room and pick up my pen every weekday morning." - Anne Tyler

"For me, writing something down was the only road out." - Anne Tyler

"I've never quite believed that one chance is all I get." - Anne Tyler

"People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have." - Anne Tyler

Tyler image source (1)

No comments: