Thursday, October 15, 2009

Meandering in thought . . .

Today is the birthday of Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche (October 15, 1848 – August 25, 1900), philosopher. He is often referred to as one of the first existentialist philosophers.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful!" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"What does man actually know about himself?" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nietzsche image source (1)

No comments: