Friday, October 9, 2009

Meandering on and on . . .

Today is the birthday of John Lennon and his son, Sean Lennon, musicians. Sean Lennon was born on John Lennon's 35th birthday.

John Winston Ono Lennon (October 9, 1940 – December 8, 1980), musician, singer-songwriter, author, and peace activist. He is best known as one of the founding members of The Beatles.

"We've got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it." - John Lennon

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but Im not the only one, I hope some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one." - John Lennon

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

"All we are saying is give peace a chance!" - John Lennon


"I really thought that love would save us all." - John Lennon

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." - John Lennon

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - John Lennon

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon

John Lennon image source (1) stamp image source (1)



Sean Taro Ono Lennon (born October 9, 1975), singer, songwriter, musician and actor. He is the son of musicians and peace activists John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

"I spend my time trying to figure art out. I was brought up to believe that the way one processes information is by making it into art. That's how I live my life." - Sean Lennon

"We live in a pretty bleak time. I feel that in the air. Everything is uncertain. Everything feels like its on the precipice of some major transformation, whether we like it or not." - Sean Lennon

"I like songs and film because you can turn your life into a sort of myth or dream." - Sean Lennon

"I like music because it's the only invisible art form." - Sean Lennon

Sean Lennon image source (1)

No comments: