Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Meandering in joy . . .

Today is the birthday of William Allen White (February 10, 1868 – January 29, 1944), newspaper editor, politician, and author.

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." - William Allen White

"I have never been bored an hour in my life. I get up every morning wondering what new strange glamorous thing is going to happen and it happens at fairly regular intervals." - William Allen White

"I have tried to teach people there are three kicks in every dollar: one, when you make it; two, when you have it. The third kick it when you give it away -- and it is the biggest kick of all." - William Allen White

"Lady Luck has been good to me and I fancy she has been good to everyone. Only some people are dour, and when she gives them the come hither with her eyes, they look down or turn away and lift an eyebrow. But me, I give her the wink and away we go." - William Allen White


"If the world were extremely seductive, that would be easy. If it were merely challenging, that would be no problem. But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world, and a desire to enjoy the world. That makes it hard to plan the day." - William Allen White

"Live for today. Multitudes of people have failed to live for today. . . . What they have had within their grasp today they have missed entirely, because only the future has intrigued them." - William Allen White

White image source (1)
White stamp image source (1)

No comments: