Sunday, March 28, 2010

Simply meandering . . .

Today is the birthday of Jane Vance Rule (28 March 1931 – 27 November 2007), writer.

"Every artist seems to me to have the job of bearing witness to the world we live in. To some extent I think of all of us as artists, because we have voices and we are each of us unique." - Jane Rule

"If we don't bear witness as citizens, as people, as individuals, the right that we have had to life is sacrificed. There is a silence, instead of a speaking presence." - Jane Rule

"Love is the terrible secret people are suspected of unless they're married, then one always suspects they don't." - Jane Rule

"My private measure of success is daily. If this were to be the last day of my life would I be content with it? To live in a harmonious balance of commitments and pleasures is what I strive for." - Jane Rule

Rule image source (1)

No comments: