Thursday, May 13, 2010

Meandering . . .

Today is the birthday of Roger Joseph Zelazny (May 13, 1937 – June 14, 1995), writer of fantasy and science fiction short stories and novels.

"There's no such thing as civilization. The word just means the art of living in cities." - Roger Zelazny

"I don't know that I ever wanted greatness, on its own. It seems rather like wanting to be an engineer, rather than wanting to design something--or wanting to be a writer, rather than wanting to write. It should be a by-product, not a thing in itself. Otherwise, it's just an ego trip." - Roger Zelazny

"I like libraries. It makes me feel comfortable and secure to have walls of words, beautiful and wise, all around me. I always feel better when I can see that there issomething to hold back the shadows." - Roger Zelazny

"Don't wake me for the end of the world unless it has very good special effects." - Roger Zelazny

"Life is full of doors that don't open when you knock, equally spaced amid those that open when you don't want them to." - Roger Zelazny

"No word matters. But man forgets reality and remembers words." - Roger Zelazny

"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny

Zelazny image source (1)

No comments: