Monday, August 9, 2010

Magically meandering . . .

Today is the birthday of Pamela Lyndon Travers (August 9, 1899 – April 23, 1996), novelist, actress and journalist. She was born Helen Lyndon Goff and later used the name Pamela Lyndon Travers. She is best known as P. L. Travers, the creator of Mary Poppins.

"There are worlds beyond worlds and times beyond times, all of them true, all of them real, and all of them (as children know) penetrating each other." - P. L. Travers

"For me there are no answers, only questions, and I am grateful that the questions go on and on. I don't look for an answer, because I don't think there is one. I'm very glad to be the bearer of a question." - P. L. Travers

"A writer is, after all, only half his book. The other half is the reader and from the reader the writer learns." - P. L. Travers

Travers image source (1)

No comments: