Saturday, September 11, 2010

Meandering along . . .

Today is the birthday of David Herbert Richards Lawrence (September 11, 1885 – March 2, 1930) , author, poet, playwright, essayist and literary critic. He is best known as D. H. Lawrence author of the novel Lady Chatterley's Lover. Here, once again, is an author whose work has made the list of banned books.

"All people dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their mind, wake in the morning to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous people, For they dream their dreams with open eyes, And make them come true."
- D. H. Lawrence

"Life is a travelling to the edge of knowledge, then a leap taken. "
- D. H. Lawrence

"Consciousness is an end in itself. We torture ourselves getting somewhere, and when we get there it is nowhere, for there is nowhere to get to."
- D. H. Lawrence

"I can never decide whether my dreams are the result of my thoughts, or my thoughts the result of my dreams. "
- D. H. Lawrence

"When I hear modern people complain of being lonely then I know what has happened. They have lost the cosmos."
- D. H. Lawrence

"I want to live my life so that my nights are not full of regrets. "
- D. H. Lawrence

"Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved."
- D. H. Lawrence

Lawrence image source (1)

No comments: