Sunday, November 7, 2010

Meandering while we wander . . .

Today is the birthday of Albert Camus ( November 7, 1913 – January 4, 1960), author, philosopher and journalist. He best-known novels are The Stranger (1942) and The Plague (1947).

Albert Camus was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1957.

"Do not wait for the Last Judgment. It takes place every day."
- Albert Camus

"The evil that is in the world always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence, if they lack understanding. On the whole men are more good than bad; that, however, isn't the real point. ... the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything and therefore claims for itself the right to kill."
- Albert Camus

"Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken."
- Albert Camus

"I don’t know whether this world has a meaning that transcends it. But I know that I cannot know that meaning and that it is impossible for me just now to know it."
- Albert Camus

"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life."
- Albert Camus

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."
- Albert Camus

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
- Albert Camus

"I rebel; therefore I exist."
- Albert Camus

Camus image source (1)

No comments: