Monday, December 27, 2010

Meandering about . . .

Today is the birthday of Louis Pasteur (December 27, 1822 – September 28, 1895), microbiologist, chemist, pioneer of the "Germ theory of disease", and inventor of the process of Pasteurization.

"In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"After death, life reappears in a different form and with different laws. It is inscribed in the laws of the permanence of life on the surface of the earth and everything that has been a plant and an animal will be destroyed and transformed into a gaseous, volatile and mineral substance."
- Louis Pasteur

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity."
- Louis Pasteur

"I am on the edge of mysteries and the veil is getting thinner and thinner."
- Louis Pasteur

"The role of the infinitely small in nature is infinitely great."
- Louis Pasteur

Pasteur image source (1)

No comments: