Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Meandering in the stacks . . .

Today is the birthday of Robert Anton Wilson (January 18, 1932 – January 11, 2007), author and philosopher.

"I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions."
Robert Anton Wilson

"...an optimistic mind-set finds dozens of possible solutions for every problem that the pessimist regards as incurable."
Robert Anton Wilson

"Is", "is." "is" — the idiocy of the word haunts me. If it were abolished, human thought might begin to make sense. I don't know what anything "is"; I only know how it seems to me at this moment"
Robert Anton Wilson

"The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the risk and accept the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want."
Robert Anton Wilson

"It only takes 20 years for a liberal to become a conservative without changing a single idea."
Robert Anton Wilson

"Human beings live in their myths. They only endure their realities."
Robert Anton Wilson

Wilson image source (1)

No comments: