Thursday, March 12, 2009

On the road . . .

Today is the birthday of Jean-Louis Lebris Kerouac (March 12, 1922 – October 21, 1969), author, poet and painter. Most people know him as Jack Kerouac, one of the major figures among Beat Generation writers. He is the author that introduced the phrase "Beat Generation" in 1948.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” - Jack Kerouac

"The one thing that we yearn for in our living days, that makes us sigh and groan and undergo sweet nauseas of all kinds, is the remembrance of some lost bliss that was probably experienced in the womb and can only be reproduced (though we hate to admit it) in death." - Jack Kerouac

"I saw that my life was a vast glowing empty page and I could do anything I wanted." - Jack Kerouac

"My witness is the empty sky." - Jack Kerouac

"All human beings are also dream beings. Dreaming ties all mankind together." - Jack Kerouac

Image source (1)

No comments: