Saturday, December 5, 2009

Meandering in dreams . . .

Today is the birthday of Walter Elias "Walt" Disney (December 5, 1901 – December 15, 1966), film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator, entrepreneur, entertainer, international icon and philanthropist.

"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

"Somehow, I can't believe that there are any heights to be scaled by a man who knows the secret of making dreams come true. The special secret it seems to me is summarized in four C's. They are Curiosity, Courage, Confidence and Constancy. And the greatest of all is Confidence. When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionably." - Walt Disney

"I suppose my formula might be: dream, diversify and never miss an angle." - Walt Disney

"Once a man has tasted freedom he will never be content to be a slave. That is why I believe that this frightfulness we see everywhere today is only temporary. Tomorrow will be better for as long as America keeps alive the ideals of freedom and a better life." - Walt Disney

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." - Walt Disney

"A person should set his goals as early as he can and devote all his energy and talent to getting there. With enough effort, he may achieve it. Or he may find something that is even more rewarding. But in the end, no matter what the outcome, he will know he has been alive." - Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

Disney image source (1)

No comments: