Sunday, December 6, 2009

Meandering freely . . .

Today is the birthday of David Warren Brubeck (born December 6, 1920), better known as Dave Brubeck, jazz pianist and composer.

"I'm always hoping for the nights that are inspired where you almost have an out of body experience." - Dave Brubeck

"When things are going well, I hate to quit." - Dave Brubeck

"There's a way of playing safe, there's a way of using tricks and there's the way I like to play which is dangerously where you're going to take a chance on making mistakes in order to create something you haven't created before." - Dave Brubeck

"I'm beginning to understand myself. But it would have been great to be able to understand myself when I was 20 rather than when I was 82." - Dave Brubeck

"I never wanted this kind of life that I'm still living." - Dave Brubeck

"We don't know the power that's within our own bodies." - Dave Brubeck

Brubeck image source (1)

No comments: