Sunday, April 4, 2010

Meandering here and there . . .

Today is the birthday of Marguerite Ann Johnson (born on April 4, 1928), writer and poet. She is best known as Maya Angelou and for her autobiographical work, I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings (1969).

Maya Angelou has been awarded over 30 honorary degrees and the nomination of a Pulitzer Prize for her 1971 volume of poetry, Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water 'Fore I Diiie.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"I believe that every person is born with talent." - Maya Angelou

"I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver." - Maya Angelou

"I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself." - Maya Angelou

"If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities." - Maya Angelou

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." - Maya Angelou

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou

Angelou image source (1)

No comments: