Saturday, April 3, 2010

Meandering about . . .

Today is the birthday of Edward Everett Hale (April 3, 1822 – June 10, 1909), author and Unitarian clergyman. He is best known for his short story, The Man Without a Country.

"Know What You Want To Say ... Say It." - Edward Everett Hale

"Look up and not down, look forward and not back, look out and not in, and lend a hand!" - Edward Everett Hale

"Never bear more than one kind of trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds; all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have." - Edward Everett Hale

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." - Edward Everett Hale

"Never bear more than one kind of trouble at a time. Some people bear three kinds of trouble - the ones they've had, the ones they have, and the ones they expect to have." - Edward Everett Hale

"In proportion as we bothered less about cultivating ourselves, and were willing to spend and be spent for that without us, above us, and before us, life became infinite and this world became heaven." - Edward Everett Hale

Hale image source (1)

No comments: