Friday, March 11, 2011

Meandering in the galaxy . . .

Today is the birthday of Douglas Noel Adams (March 11, 1952 – May 11, 2001), writer and dramatist. He is best known as the author of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
Douglas Adams

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
Douglas Adams

"Don't you understand that we need to be childish in order to understand? Only a child sees things with perfect clarity, because it hasn't developed all those filters which prevent us from seeing things that we don't expect to see."
Douglas Adams

"It can be very dangerous to see things from somebody else's point of view without the proper training."
Douglas Adams

"I'd take the awe of understanding over the awe of ignorance any day."
Douglas Adams

"When you blame others, you give up your power to change."
Douglas Adams

Adams image source (1)

No comments: