Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meandering magically . . .

Today is the birthday of Gabriel José de la Concordia García Márquez (born March 6, 1927), novelist, short-story writer, screenwriter and journalist. He is best known for his novels, One Hundred Years of Solitude (1967) and Love in the Time of Cholera (1985).

Gabriel García Márquez was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1982.

"If I knew that today would be the last time I’d see you, I would hug you tight and pray the Lord be the keeper of your soul. If I knew that this would be the last time you pass through this door, I’d embrace you, kiss you, and call you back for one more. If I knew that this would be the last time I would hear your voice, I’d take hold of each word to be able to hear it over and over again. If I knew this is the last time I see you, I’d tell you I love you, and would not just assume foolishly you know it already."
Gabriel García Márquez

"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."
Gabriel García Márquez

"It is not true that people stop pursuing dreams because they grow old, they grow old because they stop pursuing dreams."
Gabriel García Márquez

"No medicine cures what happiness cannot."
Gabriel García Márquez

"All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret."
Gabriel García Márquez

Gabriel García Márquez image source (1)

No comments: